6.5.10

Dream world envelopes girl's waking life.







Last night I had another intense dream. I was an abused child who was kept in an abandoned swimming pool, where the walls were too steep and slippery for me to escape. One day a polar bear appeared and the pool started to fill with water.
We swam and played together. There were very convincing feelings of friendship and love between us.
Because the pool had filled, I was able to leave. I came back to visit everyday after school, where we would swim and wrestle together.
One day, I got to the entrance to the pool and there was a group of young men from my school. Bullies that made fun of me in the classroom.
I ran past them because I already knew what they had done. They wanted to make me miserable. They wanted to take the only good thing in my life away from me.
When I got to the pool it was empty again. There was dark green algae creeping up the walls, and brown sludge in the bottom. The snow covered ground around the pool was splattered with blood, and a definitive dragging trail led to a messy lump laying about 15 ft from the pool.
It was the polar bear.
I often feel really overwhelming emotions in my dreams...but this...was utter despair. I cried hysterically, laying in the snow with blood all over me. Wrapping my arms around something that used to be an animal, that used to be my friend.
I woke up crying, at 3 in the morning, alone, sad. I cried all the way to the bathroom, and tears were still running down my face as I got some water and slumped back to my room. I finally felt a little better and fell back asleep around 4, just in time for the next dream.

In this one, I had some kind of hidden information that this mystic shaman lady needed from me. She invited me into her home, and I followed. It was dimly lit with candles burning, and incense smoke billowing everywhere. I walked behind her into a small room with a claw-foot bathtub that had a metal grill fashioned over it (just bars set across the tub so you couldn't get in it, but had to lay on top of it). She motioned for me to lay down. Once I was settled, she purified me with some kind of smoke. "Close your eyes" she said, and I did. She proceeded to hypnotize me. I was aware of what was going on, but it was like I was possessed, and my actions were not my own. She was talking at my body, but not with me, having a discussion with someone else. I suddenly felt prickly and my back arched violently. A bright light poured out of my mouth into the surrounding room. It was blinding and slightly blue. The woman sat still for a while, then clapped.
That's when I woke up this morning. I looked up the animal symbolism of a polar bear. It means the ability to navigate along the earth’s magnetic lines , introspection, ability to find sustenance in barren landscapes, purity of spirit, strength in the face of adversity, solitude, finding ones way back from the brink, communication with Spirit, dreams, death and rebirth, transformation, creature of dreams, shamans, mystics and visionaries, defense and revenge.


A bit shaken from the nights events.
And still with a looming feeling of sorrow and mourning.


No comments: