25.6.10

I interrupt my epic story for this announcement.

In the hospital again.
A disaster.

On the phone my doctor sounded worried/concerned. When I got here, the interns downplayed my pain and made me sound stupid.

I pointed out my infected port, the reason I'm here and they respond with "oh, it doesn't look infected"
Wellll...excuuuuuse me.
It hurts.
I have a fever.
It's all red and won't draw blood.
There's SOMETHING wrong with it.

THENNN,
I had to get 70cc's of blood drawn for ridiculous amounts of lab work. More than I've ever seen while conscious. And that's a freaking lot.
The syringe was as thick and long as my forearm. Not exaggerating.
Soooo they thought it was a bright idea to try to get that much blood from my hand vein. Not a good idea, and it blew up right away. Then they suggested something I've never heard of. An IV in my fucking neck.
My jugular vein.
I thought they were joking!!
Then they pulled out a giant needle and it wasn't funny anymore.
The nurse held my hand as the doctor plunged the ginormous needle into my jugular. It hurt so bad I cried. The nurse held my hand. I felt like a kid.
Then, he missed, and had to dig around in my neck for 5 minutes.

"oh, it's not working."
And then he had to hold pressure on the wound so I didn't bleed out. And it felt like I was choking. Like he was choking me.

Then he tried again, in the other side of my neck. That one hurt, but not as bad, and he got it right away. Now everyone has left my room, and I feel lightheaded and tired from not eating all day coupled with having a shit ton of blood pulled directly from my neck.

And I'm mad. Because Ryan said he wanted to take me up here, but didn't want to hurt his back. So he went to a BBQ we had planned to go to together, alone tonight.
And that's fine, I understand. But when I texted him about my neck ordeal, all he wrote was "never heard of that before" and then I asked him to call me and he wrote "not now, still at the BBQ, will call later." and then I said "well I'm really upset and need to talk to you, so please call me soon".
And that was over an hour ago.

I'm sad.

No comments: