26.12.08

I know it's a rotten trail of nothing but trouble, but I've been doing research on the side effects of some of my medicines. After the third month of getting IVIG, I started developing a really bad rash on my left hand. Every month it gets a little worse, and this month it's really bad. So anyway...I didn't find anything about rashes.
Just a whole shit ton of warnings about all these crazy things pertaining to both IVIG and to milrinone, the drug I'm on CONSTANTLY.
No one has told me anything.
Do my doctors know this shit?
If so...why am I allowed to be at home, and why are my cardiac arrhythmias just shrugged at?

*sigh*



The use of milrinone both intravenously and orally has been associated with increased frequency of ventricular arrhythmias. Long-term use has been associated with an increased risk of sudden death. Hence, patients receiving milrinone should be observed closely with the use of continuous electrocardiograpic monitoring to allow the prompt detection and management of ventricular arrhythmia. Patients receiving milrinone should be closely monitored during infusion.

There is no experience in controlled trials with infusions of milrinone for periods exceeding 48 hours.
Whether given orally or by continuous or intermittent intravenous infusion, milrinone has not been shown to be safe or effective in the longer (greater than 48 hours) treatment of patients with heart failure.


WAIT, WHAT THE FUCK????

No comments: